Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Flight (cont.)

Sept 11.
My flight to London went quite well. I sat next to the window and no one sat in between me and the woman in the aisle seat so that was nice. I watche a couple of movies and actually managed to sleep for a little while. I had pasta with cheese and tomato sauce for dinner (also known as lasagna but apparently not the the Brits). The lady next to me did not leave her seat once. It was really strange.
I just overheard the older british gentleman behind me talking to someone on the phone about how when he went through security and had to take his belt off his “trousers fell down.” He chuckled at himself when he went on to explain that he “had to bend over to pull his pants back up and everyone behind him saw his bum.” It was hard for me to keep a straight face listening to him.
I am feeling much better about everything now but I am sure part of that is sleep deprivation and schok. On the plane I started feeling incredibly home sick (didn’t take long, did it?). Everyone has been telling me how much fun I am going to have but how often do people just get up and leave everything they know and love behind. Quite a lot I suppose, I mean my parents did it. And at least in the end I know I will be comoing back in December.
This poor couple on my flight hearlier had to stand and walk around for almost the entire flight because their baby refused to sleep and if they set him down he would scream. I am not sure if they slept at all.
The departures board will not tell which gate to go to until the gate is open. It is rather frustrating. My gate opens at 14:05 and it is 13:46 right now.
BBC news is playing a story right now about it being the 8th year since 9/11. How funny that I should be travelling on that date. I am very hungry but I am too lazy to change any of my money to pounds so I can buy a sandwich or something. Besides, I will probably get something on the plane so I should be fine. If not I will just have some of the awesome snacks given to me by Tami.

No comments:

Post a Comment